Strange Spheres Appear in Karma Render

2133   4   0
11 posts
Hello everyone! I was trying to assign some materials to my fractured brick wall here but some strange spheres appeared upon previewing using Karma in Solaris. Does anyone have any idea why? These spheres only come with my bricks layer.

Attachments:
karma_question.png (5.6 MB)

1615 posts
Both mantra and karma render unconnected points as spheres with a default radius. What I think happened here is that your destruction process left a bit of a mess and some unconnected points floating around.

Try this: Append a CleanSOP after your destruction, and tick on "Remove Unused Points" and see if that makes any difference.
Martin Winkler
money man at Alarmstart Germany
11 posts
Hi there! Thanks a lot for your response. Do you know where the Clean node should be connected here? Because I cached out the fractured wall geo and am using the RBD sim points to transform each piece. I tried out a few different methods with the Clean node but they don't seem to work.
Edited by chienhuey - Dec. 6, 2022 17:03:33

Attachments:
cleannode_question.PNG (56.5 KB)

1615 posts
Further upstream, right after the material fracture (assuming that this is what you used to create your destruction).
Martin Winkler
money man at Alarmstart Germany
27 posts
I made all these things and nothing changed. So I started to test the "render curve as" to see what is happening. I've created a pscale attribute in object level and set it to 0 with a wrangle after import to Solaris.

So the weird spheres disappeared.
Edited by Pavini - Jan. 31, 2023 21:30:11
  • Quick Links