Chat GPT and Houdini the future of houdini?

2720   5   1
30 posts
It is clear that we are in a A.I revolution. Whoever denies this is living under a rock or in denial.
For me there is no longer any reasons tokeep learning Houdini if A.I can learn more efficiently and I can just talk to the A.I to get what I want. Granted Chatgpt cannot give us accurate results. But I think this task of teaching the A.I should be done by SIDEFX not chatgpt.

So my question is - Will SideFX teach an A.I how to Use Houdini and then give us access to that A.i? are they working on this?
because if not then I might just jump ship to a nother 3d software that knows how important this is to stay relevant in the future

also there are already some A.i Papers of midjourney type a.i tool that creates beautiful water simulations...the only way houdini can stay relevant or any 3d software imo is if they implement and teaching their own A.I ASAP to compete with midjourney simulation animation software coming 2 years down the line
Edited by tsiwt - Feb. 3, 2023 15:40:47
429 posts
Another post from people who don't know much about AI but for some reason really hype about it...

It is clear that we are in a A.I revolution. Whoever denies this is living under a rock or in denial.

We've been in an AI revolution for at least 15 years. AI's development has been mostly steady. ChatGPT is not an unexpected breakthrough. If you think it is, you clearly only started caring about AI since 2022.

also there are already some A.i Papers of midjourney type a.i tool that creates beautiful water simulations...the only way houdini can stay relevant or any 3d software imo is if they implement and teaching their own A.I ASAP to compete with midjourney simulation animation software coming 2 years down the line

I don't know which paper you are talking about. There are many AI researches about accelerating physical simulation, but the ones that look semi-usable primarily work like a denoiser: you simulate in a lower resolution/step, and you use AI to "upscale" it.

If there is a "Midjourney for water", where you just type a text prompt and it generates some water animation for you, it would be a cool demo, but completely useless for the VFX industry.

Will SideFX teach an A.I how to Use Houdini and then give us access to that A.i? are they working on this?

They definitely should be working on AI, but not in the way you implied. For example, the KineFX Secondary Motion node seems a very good target to AI.
30 posts
Ok chatgpt and midjourney are not a breakthrough sure ,hahaha the hype is completely unwarranted. No offence but you sound like a tech snob. Thinking you are so smart and clever for following A.i for 15 years.

You think a text prompt for simulations will be completely useless for the vfx industry ok hahaha. I am just not going to take more time to respond here. With all the respect IMO you fall in the indenial camp.
236 posts
Yes text prompt for simulations will be useless, you clearly don't work with simulations.

L
I'm not lying, I'm writing fiction with my mouth.
30 posts
another person in denial.
hahaha
prompt example for hard heads out there.

Simulation of realistic waterfall with sharp rocks on the side, add a boat at the bottom wrestling with waves separate all in various layers for comping.

then wait 30 min. done.

all we need is someone gathering all the simulation data and in a few years things like this would be a piece of cake to do and wait time will probably be way less.

how is this so hard to understand? people that have been working in the industry forever are just scared IMO
Edited by tsiwt - Feb. 5, 2023 15:23:54
30 posts
and if you still believe prompting won't work with simulations - it could definitely work with software .

Write me a node network that creates a : Simulation of realistic waterfall with sharp rocks on the side, add a boat at the bottom wrestling with waves separate all in various layers for comping. and create 20 variations of the waterfall.
Edited by tsiwt - Feb. 5, 2023 15:28:10
  • Quick Links