ODTools for Houdini

22794   35   7
282 posts
shredDigital
I just bought the OD tools plug in, but now when I try to load the octane IPR i just get a black screen...any idea why, it was working with a manual Octane set up.
best to go on the discord for support, but its most likely because when you are using the quicksetup its not the same version as your octane version.. octane 2022 (current), requires the octane 2022 quicksetup.. 2021 quicksetup for octane 2021, etc..
Oliver Hotz
Origami Digital
Author of ODTools for Houdini: https://origamidigital.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_63&product_id=66 [origamidigital.com]
282 posts
Not happy to make this post, but I wanted to make sure other plugin developers are aware of Reino Pedersen -> bubbadk@gmail.com

He felt the need to put odtools on warez sites. I put a lot of effort into these tools but I guess some people will make their choices.

Unfortunate, but maybe this will allow other 3rd party devs to not sell him a license of their tools, or at least make them aware of the name.

Thankfully, there's a lot of Houdini users that actually appreciate the work that myself and other developers are doing.
Best,
Oliver
Oliver Hotz
Origami Digital
Author of ODTools for Houdini: https://origamidigital.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_63&product_id=66 [origamidigital.com]
14 posts
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but when I import an fbx or obj from the asset library it doesn't pick up textures and create materials automatically, even if they're contained in the same folder as the model. Is this a feature that's just not available? I remember seeing a script which batch converts them into HDA's with materials, but this was never released? One idea I had was to trick the asset library into thinking they are megascans assets, any advice on the best approach to this would be helpful. Thanks.
282 posts
it does.. depending on how you import it. join the customer discord though, there's even a video about it.
Oliver Hotz
Origami Digital
10 posts
I want to add these tools to my arsenal. Especially the library, Rizom and Painter plugs as I´m currently learning these tools and Houdini. I have a question. Is it compatible with Houdini 20? And my last question is if it does support Substance Materials in the library?
Edited by krislevin - Nov. 13, 2023 18:01:53
11 posts
krislevin
Hi! My name is Kris. I+ve been looking at this plugin list for awhile. I have a question because I want to buy it but Im not sure if it is compatible with Houdini 20? And, does the library support Substance materials for storage? How does that work?

Oliver said on the discord that ODTools is ready for Houdini 20 and should be out in the next week I believe.
10 posts
frame_48
krislevin
Hi! My name is Kris. I+ve been looking at this plugin list for awhile. I have a question because I want to buy it but Im not sure if it is compatible with Houdini 20? And, does the library support Substance materials for storage? How does that work?

Oliver said on the discord that ODTools is ready for Houdini 20 and should be out in the next week I believe.

Oh thank you! That is great news. Is there a chance to join the Discord server even though I havent bought it yet? It would be cool to be updated with the news and ask some questions.
11 posts
krislevin
frame_48
krislevin

Oh thank you! That is great news. Is there a chance to join the Discord server even though I havent bought it yet? It would be cool to be updated with the news and ask some questions.

I'm not sure, the developer would have to speak to that, I believe it is a customer discord. Can't go wrong with making the purchase though, the amount of functionality ODTools adds to Houdini make it a no-brainer.
Edited by frame_48 - Nov. 13, 2023 18:08:37
10 posts
frame_48
I'm not sure, the developer would have to speak to that, I believe it is a customer discord. Can't go wrong with making the purchase though, the amount of functionality ODTools adds to Houdini make it a no-brainer.

I just bought it. But I can´t get it to show up in Houdini 20. Does it come as a shelf? Maybe I´ll wait till the next update, but I don´t know how to get on the Discord server?
Edited by krislevin - Nov. 13, 2023 18:51:44
282 posts
Short answer is that yes of course it will work with h20, however the release will have to wait till this weekend as I am currently out of the country on a business trip. But it'll be up this weekend
Oliver Hotz
Origami Digital
10 posts
oliver7
Short answer is that yes of course it will work with h20, however the release will have to wait till this weekend as I am currently out of the country on a business trip. But it'll be up this weekend

Thank you Oliver. These are great tools, according to the documentation. I installed it on Houdini 20 but when browsing through the functions and clicking on them most of them say that "No module named OD"? I don´t know what I´m doing wrong.

For example this is the error choosing Reference Manager

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 3, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 20.0.524\python310\lib\site-packages-forced\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'OD'
6 posts
I'm also getting an error in H20

There is an error in the OD Asset Library script.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:/Users/andre/Documents/houdini20.0/ODHoudiniShelfTools2021/python_panels/assetLibrary.pypanel", line 2, in createInterface
<pythonPanelDocument>
File "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 20.0.506\python310\lib\site-packages-forced\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py", line 142, in _import
return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'OD'
282 posts
H20 compatible ODTools has been released, just download the latest from your account. My apologies for being late, but I was out of the country when H20 released and couldn't make a build.

Enjoy,

Oliver
Oliver Hotz
Origami Digital
3 posts
Hello, I am having a hard time checking out your store:
Warnings of this kind in every browser:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.origamidigital.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

If I decide to proceede to your website, the browser gets caught in a loop.
Not sure what is going on.

Thanks!
282 posts
lkn
Hello, I am having a hard time checking out your store:
Warnings of this kind in every browser:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.origamidigital.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

If I decide to proceede to your website, the browser gets caught in a loop.
Not sure what is going on.

Thanks!
Hi there, everything seems to be ok on my end. I did see however, that this certificate was updated or renewed today, so it might have just been a coincidence at the time of time you tried. If you can, please check again. Thanks, Oliver

Attachments:
epicpen_ZLEv6y4orA.png (29.9 KB)

Oliver Hotz
Origami Digital
3 posts
All working now,

thanks for checking

Best,
lkn
  • Quick Links