Landscape tiles output not working for UE5 World Partition

11252   13   3
74 posts
https://github.com/sideeffects/HoudiniEngineForUnreal-v2/issues/143 [github.com]

Understanding UE5 is still in Early Access, and HE does not support UE5EA officially yet. I have tested outputting Landscape tiles with World Partition at UE5EA.

With unreal_landscape_tile_actor_type = 1 and no unreal_level_path set, it generate one SharedLandscape actor with one StreamingProxy.

ie. with 16x16 tiles, it generates 16x16 SharedLandscape actor and 16x16 StreamingProxy in total.

The behavior is different as it was in UE4 and it looks like it is broken in UE5EA with World Partition

Anyone got UE5 World Partition working?
Edited by kelvincai - June 15, 2021 13:13:14
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kelvincai/ [www.linkedin.com]
60 posts
I'm getting the same issue. No solution found yet.
38 posts
I don't think this is just a world partition issue, Houdini Engine doesnt appear to be generating landscape streaming proxies at all in UE5, even with world partition turned off. Does anyone have a workaround? This makes Houdini landscapes unusable in UE5.
38 posts
This seems to be fixed in the H19 ue5EA branch on github. Note the NEW repo location:
https://github.com/sideeffects/HoudiniEngineForUnreal [github.com]
60 posts
Still not working as of Houdini 19.0.531
5 posts
I can't get it to work by following the Procedural Desert tutorial.

I'm using Houdini 19.0.589

With World Partition turned on, each tile is an isolated landscape

Anyone else know how to solve it?
60 posts
This is still an issue as of 19.0.622 and official UE5.0 release. Can anyone from Side FX comment on the status at least so we know if it's on your radar?
16 posts
Having issues with 19.0.622 as well. Using Houdini landscapes in a level with world partition enabled causes crash on save, crash on bake, etc. Consistently. Have to make a non world partition level to use it. Unfortunate.
16 posts
Fwiw it does seem to work by first baking out the tiles in a non world partition level, then deleting the HDA from there and converting it to a world partition level.
Edited by maxpleaner - June 25, 2022 19:53:08
8 posts
Any response from devs ? Any solutions ?
Best wishes
VS.
5 posts
vsamusenko
Any response from devs ? Any solutions ?

Devs answering questions here on the forum is not common as far as I know. Perhaps the company management lacks incentive for them to do so.

Which is a shame, as sometimes the forum is our only resource when dealing with issues that go beyond poor documentation.
5 posts
It is worth remembering that when ue4 was launched in 2014, World Composition came with it. The houdini team only went to support in 2020 when the technology was already outdated and at its end.

Hope we have support for World Partition before 2028
43 posts
Has anyone managed to get Landscape Streaming Proxies to import properly in a World Partition level?
Each one of my landscape tiles comes in as a streaming proxy each with it's own Landscape actor, instead of all sharing one Landscape actor.

I have set unreal_landscape_tile_actor_type and unreal_landscape_shared_actor_name attributes correctly, but they still each come in as an independent landscape
MC
8 posts
Chats
Has anyone managed to get Landscape Streaming Proxies to import properly in a World Partition level?
Each one of my landscape tiles comes in as a streaming proxy each with it's own Landscape actor, instead of all sharing one Landscape actor.

I have set unreal_landscape_tile_actor_type and unreal_landscape_shared_actor_name attributes correctly, but they still each come in as an independent landscape

I moved away from this task, but I am sure it is still unsolved in a universal way.

I think you might be interested in recent work from Erwin Heyms, he's working on his Massive Worlds toolset and tackles what you have problems with right now afaik

He's patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/ErwinHeyms/posts [www.patreon.com]
Best wishes
VS.
  • Quick Links