Workflow from Layout in Solaris to animation in kineFX?

991   1   2
355 posts
What is a great approach going from having a layout in Solaris, then bringing a particular model from that layout into SOPS to do Kine FX rigging and animation, then bringing back just the animation into Solaris as a layered over? What I'm thinking about is the fact that you want to do any rigging from the origin, but also that you want to do the animation using the layout position as the starting point and not the scene origin. So, is it that we apply some sort of inverse transform to the model from layout to get it to scene origin, do the rigging at scene origin, then apply the transformation to get it back to layout position where we can then do our animation; or is there some better workflow?
hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
355 posts
would love to get some workflow insight from persons in the industry or sidefx peeps. After doing layout in solaris what’s a great workflow for working with rigged models in kinefx. I used a separate scene to rig and animate (so many files can have access to animation) inside a sop modify, while importing relevant parts of the layout to use as ref for anim. However, when go bk into my layout file to sublayer the anim, I have issues of course with paths being different, wouldn’t be ideal to have to keep track of path names.

any links to talks or anything really that focuses on that type of workflow are welcome 🙏🏿
hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
  • Quick Links