Unreliable Curve Sop nodes

1118   4   0
575 posts
I have to often nodes, that fail on scene load, for example curve Sop nodes. they then have no curve information stored.
That is quite annoying, as there is no way to see it when saving the scene and one have to find a backup with a correct node.

Does this look familiar to You?

Load warnings for //hades/p/_projekte/TRW/300_work3D/fx/102/020/065/Wind/TRW_fx_102_020_065.Wind_sim_v002.mma.h19.5.hip

Warning:     

/obj/curves_source/curve1:

GeometryIO: Unable to read magic number (empty file)

/obj/curves_sim/curve4:

858 posts
Can you dive into those nodes and see if everything is there? Sometimes crashed files have missing bits or wires. Personally I've never seen those kind of messages.
--
Jobless
575 posts
this node needs no input, but next time i will dive into it, I guess it is the stash
6 posts
I found that this (rather annoying bug) pops up when I open up a .hip file that does a lot of cooking on startup and I esc-spam the heck out of it to try to get it to stop cooking everything automatically. My guess is something related to the interruption of the cooking of the scene somehow breaks the data stored in the curve stash (the infamous magic number...)
Can't really reproduce it consistently enough to submit a bug report though.
4 posts
Same thing plagueing the paint sop. Quite anoying to have scenes where you painstakingly paint masks for grooms only to have them randomly lost
  • Quick Links