Force Stash node to update on upstream changes

1446   4   2
9 posts
I have a mesh and have a few separate Vellum sims that fire in a linear fashion. I've found I need to "stash" the output of the first vellum sim, otherwise the 2nd vellum sim runs forever. As result there is a bunch of manual updates I want to remove in the graph to have it cook and update properly.

Upstream I want to update a rigpose node and have all the stashes update and sims fire on the new data.

I am not having any luck getting both the stash nodes to updates.. I have tried python sops before and after the stash with hou.node("../stash1").parm("stashinput").pressButton()

and I have tried

n = hou.node("../stash1")
parm = n.parm("stash")
parm.set(geo) without much luck.

I am under the impression that the stash node might need a time update to trigger, but have not been able to make a timeshift force an update either.

Thanks for any help.
Edited by kfinlayson - July 26, 2022 23:52:26
7752 posts
I think you might want to try and see if 'cacheif' works for you. It seems like it was made for just this situation.
9 posts
Awesome, yes it does thank you!
255 posts
This stash bug is still there, it does have serious issues to update and it is just unreliable. A fix will be welcomed

I have noticed before the new cacheif which looks cool, but hasn't seen or read much about it, are you guys tried it?
Vincent Thomas   (VFX and Art since 1998)
Senior Env and Lighting  artist & Houdini generalist & Creative Concepts
http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas [fr.linkedin.com]
255 posts
In my case, the issue came as i have a stash node instanciated... Lucky in my case, i could easily avoid this situation
Vincent Thomas   (VFX and Art since 1998)
Senior Env and Lighting  artist & Houdini generalist & Creative Concepts
http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas [fr.linkedin.com]
  • Quick Links