No cameras found in the USD file - Karma rendering

8274   23   4
Staff
451 posts
This issue should be resolved in 19.0.449 ... please do let me know if you continue to experience it!

- Rob
68 posts
robp_sidefx
This issue should be resolved in 19.0.449 ... please do let me know if you continue to experience it!

- Rob
I guess I have a similar issues in 19.5.368

It is a very samll scene with a ground, shaderball, a sphere with hairs grown on it.
However
1.No matter what camera am I using, e.g cameras created in solaris or imported from object stage.
In render settings node the viewport rendere is always success.
But when you attach a usdrender_rop under it it always pops up
"No cameras found in the USD file"
I tired to set override camera however it pops up "unable to find cam3"

2.Houdiniprocedural hair seems not woring in generate mode.

Image Not Found
Edited by goose7 - Dec. 6, 2022 07:44:00

Attachments:
USD_Camera_Missing.hip (1.7 MB)

Staff
451 posts
The camera error message is occurring because the USD layers are being saved to files without .usd extensions. On the three SOP Import nodes you have in your scene, either clear out the "Layer Save Path", or ensure it's a path to a filename that ends in .usd

For example, on the sopimport_floor node, change the "Layer Save Path" from "/somepath" to "floor.usd"

For the issue with the hair procedural not working, I'll reply to the other thread you started (https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/87725)
27 posts
For me, this error is gone when I check the camera I will use in the karma node. I don`t know this tip would help, but I think it is important to say.

You have to specify which kind of camera you are using, because it is set up the "cameras/camera1" by default.
  • Quick Links