IE and this site

3800   3   0
69 posts
Is there anything that can be done to eliminate the troubles that your site has with Internet explorer?
I happen to like IE and really do not see why I should have to install a different web browser to read one site.
When ever there is an attachment that is larger than a given width it extends outside the width restrictions of the page and drags the text along with it. Then it truncates everything making it impossible to read the message.
Staff
3455 posts
it's not IE (but you really shouldn't use it anyway )
this happens in mozilla also…
I think it's a function of the forum template…

on that note - people REALLY shouldn't post pictures at 2k on a web forum…if they need to be big to see what's ahppening clearly, zip them up and just attach them.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
4256 posts
I personally like odforce's approach. Have all attached images automatically scaled down to a max size, then if the user clicks the image it brings up a pop-up of the full sized image. (Although I should note that I find the max size odforce uses to be a bit too small.)
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
129 posts
There is also something screwed up with the menus in IE7, specifically they end up about 32-ish pixels to the right. The best way to navigate in the menus is to return to the Index page where they work as expected.
  • Quick Links