Sprites and Shadow Maps

2725   2   1
12 posts
I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but whenever I try to render sprites with shadow maps turned on, I get a hard line on the sprites.

The line is perpendicular to the angle of the light and sort of goes away if I crank the shadow softness up. But sometimes I have to go all the way to 100 to get a more satisfactory look.

This kills the straight lines, but starts jacking up the render times significantly.

Do I need to render sprites with ray tracing on? Either way, I'm getting unreasonably long render times considering I'm rendering sprites.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Staff
2590 posts
frame13
I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but whenever I try to render sprites with shadow maps turned on, I get a hard line on the sprites.

The line is perpendicular to the angle of the light and sort of goes away if I crank the shadow softness up. But sometimes I have to go all the way to 100 to get a more satisfactory look.

This kills the straight lines, but starts jacking up the render times significantly.

Do I need to render sprites with ray tracing on? Either way, I'm getting unreasonably long render times considering I'm rendering sprites.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

You might want to read this thread:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=9941 [sidefx.com]
12 posts
Thanks, can't believe I missed that post! ops:

I'll move over to that thread to continue this.
  • Quick Links