Fluid Sand example

7967   9   3
74 posts
I was wondering, there was a talk about houdini being able to create sand, but i have not been able to find an example, or the way it's maid, so my thought is to use particle system with in conjunction with fluid solver, am i correct?
1631 posts
There's a Sand Solver & there are examples in the Help.

Cheers!
steven
74 posts
Thanks i found it!
74 posts
I was wondering on how to define a volume premetive in Sop, i can't seems to replace the defaultsand for object type, so i wanned to use some specific geometry.
12428 posts
Btw, they *just* fixed some resolution issue with the Sand Solver - so be sure to have todays version (9.0.760+).

The Journal
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Houdini 9.0.760: The Sand Object and Sand Configure Object now have the proper division interface.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
7 posts
i can only find the help file for the sand solver, but no examples available,any ideas?
74 posts
The way i got something working i jumped inside dop and created sand object with sand solver, so that worked.
But i still can't get the object replaced in stead of using defaultsand object.
3 posts
on the sop level make sure you define your starting volume by attaching an isoOffset node to your geometry and setting it up as an SDF volume, the same as you would with a fluid object.
74 posts
Thank you very much!
49 posts
stevenong
There's a Sand Solver & there are examples in the Help.

Cheers!
steven
I've found the objects/solvers only because I see them mentioned here.
But the help seems to miss both real documentation and examples for any of it. Do you have a example name?
I just get a passing mention Gas Sand Forces.

From here it all looks rather incomplete-can anyone proove it really works with a simple example?
  • Quick Links