Mouse turns red?

9709   9   3
7 posts
How do I cancel my mouse from turning Red? When Im in the Node Network area and I want to connect one Node to another, my mouse turns red. After I've successfully connected the node network, my mouse stays red and doesn't change. I've pressed Esc, right click, middle clicked, everything I try does not cancel the red mouse. What do I need to do?

And yes I've successfully connected two nodes but it doesn't go away.
7 posts
Ok, Im new. Im sorry. If you know the solution please reply. Because I can't find it.
7 posts
I guess that was a noob question. Forgive me for my insolence. I come from 8 years of 3d max. Basically everytime my mouse was stuck on Red I thought it was a bug or something, especially sometimes i could not click on anything else and had to force End App. Sorry for the noob question.
344 posts
This sounds like a possible bug. You should provide information about you hardware, OS, driver version, and which version of Houdini you are using and maybe one of the devs can help.
7 posts
MichaelC
This sounds like a possible bug. You should provide information about you hardware, OS, driver version, and which version of Houdini you are using and maybe one of the devs can help.

Thanks for replying! I thought I may have been doing something wrong in the application or missing something obvious. But if it seems like a bug, then I will try to reproduce the problem and give details on what Im doing and system specs. Thanks again Michael!
119 posts
Do you have a screenshot of the red mouse? Is it like a triangle/pie-piece?
If so then I get this too, but I didn't think it was a problem.. as long as I can click where I need to I'm good.
52 posts
I get it too… I believe the intended behaviour is that the mouse turns red when it's hovered over a node input / output, but after a little use it seems always to be stuck on red.

I noticed there was a recent journal entry purporting to fix the sticking issue - but I think some entries have been removed from the journals as I cant seem to find it now.

winXP pro
Quadro4
483 posts
There have been fixes to make the red ‘connecting’ mouse cursor not get stuck, but I'm not certain it's a 100% fix. If you can still get it to stick, please try to figure out what you were doing when it happened so I can fix it.

And this is totally unrelated to OS, drivers, etc – it's a Houdini bug, not a system problem.
66 posts
hmm I get this too. I guess i can try and see what i was doing but at this stage in the game i was just mashing keys.
66 posts
Are you guys talking about were are the nodes are in the bottom right it turns red. well if so yeah i found out how to make it turn red. At least with my project files. But i can connect nodes and when I am done it turns off red and goes back to white. I wish i could screen shot it but the mouse does not show up in the print screen. I might even have it wrong I am new so i don't know maybe its part of the program meh
  • Quick Links