Global Variables List

16417   15   2
43 posts
Where could I find a list of all Global Variables and their use?
7714 posts
You mean the one in Edit > Aliases and Variables… ?
7025 posts
I think he means in the Docs, I searched too and didn't find them…
7714 posts
Which “Global Variables” are we talking about?
7025 posts
$F, $T, $FF, $ACTIVE_TAKE (or whatever it's called, I have to look that one up all the time) etc.

Cheers,

Peter B
1390 posts
Peter, maybe this will help you:
http://www.forum3d.pl/f3dbb/index.php?md=post&nw=1&pid=122878#122878 [forum3d.pl]
7025 posts
Ah yes, perfect! And I can refresh my knowledge of Polish at the same time!

Cheers

Peter B
120 posts
Hi Symek, it would be really great to have that FAQ in english too!
82 posts
josh3light

yep!

and look here too ( not easy to find…): reference>Expression functions>Global expression variables
43 posts
I meant, for example, that if I find a $NX in an example's expression, I can go to the “GLOBAL VARIABLES LIST” and find that $NX means the X coordinate of the Point's Normal (I don't know if it's true, that's because I need the List)
7714 posts
Well, $NX is not a global variable. It is a local variable. This means that it's only available on certain parameters of certain SOPs. Consult the helpcard of the SOP that you're using.
58 posts
MAN9A
I meant, for example, that if I find a $NX in an example's expression, I can go to the “GLOBAL VARIABLES LIST” and find that $NX means the X coordinate of the Point's Normal (I don't know if it's true, that's because I need the List)

See the help of the:

point sop
primative sop
copy sop

there will be a list of usable local variables in there.
if you want to play around with expressions go Alt+Shift+T, this wil open textport.
next type in “exhelp” without the quotes.
you get a list of expresion functions you can use.

if you wanna see the help of that expression go:
for example “exhelp point”
13 posts
josh3light

A może lepiej nauczyć się polskiego ?

SYmek:
Cześć, nie wiesz może do kogo się zgłosić żeby zmienić nick. W profilu nie widzę możliwości zmiany.
3 lata temu wstąpiłem tu i myślałem że nie zostanę więc wpisałem cokolwiek, jednak znajomość się trochę przedłużyła więc chciałbym mieć tu nick podobny do tego jaki mam na Odforce i 3D Buzz a nie chciałbym zakładać nowego konta. Pisać do sideFX czy gdzieś indziej ? Istnieje wogóle taka możliwość ?
1390 posts
Czesc,
masz 12 postow, chyba nie robiloby Ci roznicy zalozenie nowego konta. Nie mam pojecia, jak to zmienic. Napisz moze do admina?
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=profile&mode=viewprofile&u=2 [sidefx.com]

pozdrawiam!
sy.
13 posts
SYmek
Czesc,
masz 12 postow, chyba nie robiloby Ci roznicy zalozenie nowego konta. Nie mam pojecia, jak to zmienic. Napisz moze do admina?
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=profile&mode=viewprofile&u=2 [sidefx.com]

pozdrawiam!
sy.

Ale muszę założyć nowy mail bo na ten sam nie można założyć drugiego konta.

Dzięki.
678 posts
czesiek
SYmek
Czesc,

pozdrawiam!
sy.

Ale muszę założyć nowy mail bo na ten sam nie można założyć drugiego konta.

Dzięki.

Już sobie poradziłem, zmieniłem meil w profilu co zwolniło moj normalny adres i mogłem założyć na niego konto.
  • Quick Links