Assigning hotkey to a desktop

4483   5   0
113 posts
Hi,

Does anyone knows if it is possible to assign hotkeys to a specific desktop ?

Thanks in Advance,

Julien
4140 posts
I don't think so. You can have hotkeys based on different contexts, but not desktops…I'm not sure this is something you'd want since things would get pretty damned complicated with managing hotkeys. You'd need to filter not only on context(particle network, modeller etc.), but on a potentially infinite number of completely user-configurable desktops. So how would you tell on a given desktop, which may contain a POP and a Model viewport, which priority would be given to my ALT-“foo” shortcut that has been defined for both of those contexts in addition to a desktop? Yikes!

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
113 posts
hmm yeah , I didn't think about it
7714 posts
If you run a default houdini, the desktops are aliased to the F1,F2,…,F8 keys. Bring up a the Aliases and Variables… window from under the main Settings menu. Note how AF1.AF2,…AF8 (Alt+F key) and the F1,F2,…,F8 keys are binded to switching to the various desktops.
4140 posts
Oh - oops, unless your original question was referring to what Edward said - in which case never mind. I was referring to having a given hotkey only available on a specific desktop. 8)

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
113 posts
No no, you answered my question John

Sorry Edward if I didn't express my question very well :?
  • Quick Links