FUR - Custom Clumps

4355   2   0
523 posts
Hello,

I want to make fur with on some spots clumping via scattered points and a custom generated curve form.

Now I only get fur hairs where the clump guides are.
I want fur everywhere but only clumping on the specific spots….

Is that possible via that sop network?

thanks,

bern
Edited by - March 17, 2008 16:44:47
Staff
327 posts
Bernard
I want to make fur with on some spots clumping via scattered points and a custom generated curve form.

Now I only get fur hairs where the clump guides are.
I want fur everywhere but only clumping on the specific spots….

Is that possible via that sop network?

All hairs must be assigned to a clump when using clump geometry. Here is an idea you may wish to experiment with:

Scatter a bunch of clump hairs (even where you don't wan clumping) and use an attribute to specify how much each bit should clump. This can be accomplished by overriding the Fur Style SHOP's “Clump” parameter with an attribute. Simply create a float attribute called “clump” on the geometry (any of the skin, guides, or clumps) and set it to “0” where there should be no clumps and “1” where you want full clumping.

For more control, the radius of each clump can be specified using an attribute called “clumpradius”. Hairs will be associated with the closest clump so the extra hairs can be spaced far apart and have large clumpradius values without affecting the shape of the other clumps. If this is pushed to the extreme, just one extra clump hair is needed.
523 posts
Thanks derrick,

that works great…

bern

Attachments:
furclumps.jpg (38.9 KB)
noclumps.jpg (37.8 KB)

• Quick Links