open ocean effects

13099   15   2
523 posts
Hello,

Will there be some new tools in H 9.5 to create some ocean effects…?
(wakes,foam,spray)

Looking forward to H9.5 anyway….

thanks,

bern
Staff
1182 posts
Keep your eye out next week (Thursday/Friday) for a formal announcement regarding 9.5. All the details will be revealed at that time.

Robert
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
135 posts
I was wondering when the news about 9.5 was going to come out.. Is there a way to be in the beat program at all or is that only for production studios only? thanks for the info Robert u guys are always breaking the mold ……

George
3D Mind body and Soul Great illusions are done by great artists…
519 posts
If it is a public beta (which it prolly will be cause else sidefx wouldn't make a public statement) then you can use it…

Yeaha, new s/v/ch/d/p/cops to tinker with are coming to town!
523 posts
Thanks rmagee.

Do we have to get a new license for H 9.5 or does the H 9.1 license work?

bern
696 posts
9.5 licenses will be required
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
Staff
1182 posts
Houdini 9.5 will use a new license. Customers with AUP plans will be contacted about acquiring new licenses in the next week. Details about upgrading Apprentice HD will be part of the official news.

Robert
Robert Magee
SideFX
523 posts
Hello rmagee,

I'm a little bit confused (too much drinks , I think ), but does the public beta version also needs this new H9.5 license?

thanks for the info

bern
Staff
1182 posts
Bernard
Hello rmagee,
I'm a little bit confused (too much drinks , I think ), but does the public beta version also needs this new H9.5 license?

If you want to use Master, Escape or Apprentice HD licenses to run 9.5 then you need to get an upgraded license.

Otherwise you can run 9.5 in Apprentice mode and work with it for free.

Robert

Details about all of this will be available next week when we make the formal announcement. Please save questions until then.
Robert Magee
SideFX
29 posts
OK so I just purchased the Apprentice HD version a couple of weeks ago. If I want to run 9.5 I have to purchase another license? How much is the upgrade HD version for 9.5?

EDIT: OOOOPS… I just noticed your quote, “Details about all of this will be available next week when we make the formal announcement. Please save questions until then.”
523 posts
rmagee
Keep your eye out next week (Thursday/Friday) for a formal announcement regarding 9.5. All the details will be revealed at that time.

Robert

It's Thursday….Man, that waiting is killing me….
Tomorrow , it's Friday…..

Thanks

bern
Staff
1182 posts
The news is now up on the home page….
Robert Magee
SideFX
523 posts
Hello,

If I got a H 9.1 Master License, do I need a new license to run H 9.5 beta or can I use the 9.1 license?

thanks,

bern
Staff
1182 posts
Bernard
If I got a H 9.1 Master License, do I need a new license to run H 9.5 beta or can I use the 9.1 license?

Houdini 9.1 Master licenses need to be upgraded to run 9.5. The 9.5 license will still run 9.1. An AUP plan is needed to get the 9.5 license or an upgrade can be purchased.
Robert Magee
SideFX
Staff
1182 posts
dlugo
OK so I just purchased the Apprentice HD version a couple of weeks ago. If I want to run 9.5 I have to purchase another license? How much is the upgrade HD version for 9.5?

If you bought it to test on the Mac after March 31st then we will send you a license over the next few days. If you bought it for LINUX/Windows after May 12th then you will also be sent a license.

Robert
Robert Magee
SideFX
29 posts
rmagee
If you bought it to test on the Mac after March 31st then we will send you a license over the next few days. If you bought it for LINUX/Windows after May 12th then you will also be sent a license.

Robert

Well that's not good. Seeing that I purchased mine on the 10th of May I guess I should have waited an extra 2 days. How much are updates for HD versions?

p.s. Originally I purchased it to test it on the Mac but upon install I noticed that it was 64-bit only. (bad luck on that too. i purchased the CoreDuo 2 months before the release of the Core2Duos)