very annoying crashing

4531   5   1
4 posts
i bought the last issue of 3dworld and i installed houdini and got it up and running, but it keeps crashing on me. and what sucks is when it crashes it wont boot back up untill i rboot my system, and its not liek it crashes while im working on something, it crashes right when i click one of the drop down options from any menu. i reformated a while later and i reinstalled it and it still happens, i dont kwo whats happening, i know my system meets the requierments to run it. whats the deal? i know its not just this version i tryed to install the one rfom teh cd that came withs my friends mag and then i downlaoded the one from sidefx.com and i still get teh same problem, i really want to use houdini and this is really annoying

im running windows xp pro
1631 posts
Hi there,

You can go to the Systems Requirement [sidefx.com] for a guide.

Also, which graphics card are you using? ATI? Nvidia? If you're using a graphics card from either company, please make sure to download the latest drivers.

It would also help if you post additional information like CPU and RAM.

I hope the above helps!

Cheers!
steven
4 posts
i love you just updated my video card drivers
1631 posts
Hi there,

I guess Houdini is running fine now.

Have fun!

Cheers!
steven
4 posts
yea, its running prettyy sweetly :p but i work in 3ds max and this UI is so topcy tervy, canu help me learn the basics? please. checkmy profile for my contact info
Staff
3455 posts
the best place to start is the Side Effects training videos hosted by Sydney Vislab:
http://www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/sidefx/houdini_video/ [vislab.usyd.edu.au]
use the links on the left to check them all out by Topic or by Product.
have fun
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links