Deformation Blur control question

6667   8   1
3 posts
I wanna have motion blur on an object imported form bego sequence. So the Declaring Motion Blur does not work, and geo velocity blur always goes crazy. Im using Deformation Blur at the moment.

The problem is that the intensity of this blur has nothing to do with the shutter speed of the camera. Also the Geo sample value can only be integer numbers.

Is there any way I can reduce the motion blur if 2 on Geo sample value is still too much?

Thanks a lot
7714 posts
Does it help with the deformation motion blur if you render with a TimeBlend SOP [sidefx.com]?
Staff
3455 posts
timeblend!?!??

when did that happen?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
7714 posts
Er, according to the journal: 9.0.335.
4256 posts
TimeShift SOP + ForEach SOP == Epic Epoch Fun
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
3 posts
Well….the position of geometry became more accurate…. but the amount of the motion blur is still there. I've tried to multiply a small number on it by adding a Trail Node but the bego which come from a Dop goes crazy after it.

Thanks anyway
12454 posts
What geometry is it? Is it changing in topology? (point count) If so, you're going to have to use Velocity attribute blur.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
3 posts
Its a bego sequence. The thing is that the points velocity on the bego is from a DOP and is really chaotic when the collision happens. The velocity blur deforms the geometry very badly.

Or,is there any way I can clean the points velocity of the bego. I've tried to play around the Points node after a Trail but it didn't work….
460 posts
mmh, is that bego or BGEO?
varomix - Founder | Educator @ Mix Training
Technical Artist @ Meta Reality Labs
  • Quick Links