Beginner here, sorry.

3178   1   0
1 posts
So I've just finished the list of tutorials that are provided when houdini starts up. This is my first 3D program so I've started real basic. I made a cool little UFO type model and added shaders and I think it looks pretty cool for my first one. Anyways, I'd like to know what sites / tutorials you guys would recommend to continue my houdini education.

On a more specific note, I'd like to know how to add edges / points. I was trying to model a sphere and I felt really constrained by the lack of manipulation points (obviously I'm a beginner and I didn't know the correct procedure which is why I'm asking here). For instance in Blender you can loop cut or knife cut, is there anything like that in houdini or is it a more roundabout path via nodes? Thanks, and sorry for my lack of knowledge, I'm just learning.
Staff
3455 posts
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=122&Itemid=306 [sidefx.com]
has a list of sites/tutorials/books etc for your learning pleasure…and head over to www.odforce.net lots of posts with files that you can learn from

as for the points/edges qustion…there are a bunch of tools in the Polygon menu ( TAB in the network)
and yeah EVERYTHING is nodes in Houdini
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links