character poses in houdini ?

9116   14   6
21 posts
happy new year for all

It is possible to make character poses and to save them in a library of poses.
It is already possible to save animations curves for a simple object.
But Is it possible to save all the curves of a character and make library of movements?
Like into motionbuilder.

thanks
581 posts
crouspix
happy new year for all
It is possible to make character poses and to save them in a library of poses.
It is already possible to save animations curves for a simple object.
But Is it possible to save all the curves of a character and make library of movements?
Like into motionbuilder.
thanks
Yes it is possible and you have avery good pose library, at least in H8, I haven't been able to found it in H9 or H9.1, but I believe it should be somewhere …
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
21 posts
very good news. thanks lisux.

If someone as an example, or information on the ways to make poses……Create a library of poses, I am very interested

thanks
581 posts
crouspix
very good news. thanks lisux.
If someone as an example, or information on the ways to make poses……Create a library of poses, I am very interested
thanks
Yes please some info about pose librearies in H9.X please.
In H8 was great but now is almost disappear
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
Staff
2540 posts
The pose library still ships with Houdini and is still functional. Only the link to that page did not make it over from H8 to H9. A known deficiency.

You can type the path in directly to the hbrowser. It is located in $HFS/houdini/html/poselib/index.html. So type in something like:

file//cProgram\ Files/Side\ Effects\ Software/houdini9.1.109/houdini/html/poselib/index.html
There's at least one school like the old school!
581 posts
jeff
The pose library still ships with Houdini and is still functional. Only the link to that page did not make it over from H8 to H9. A known deficiency.
You can type the path in directly to the hbrowser. It is located in $HFS/houdini/html/poselib/index.html. So type in something like:
file//cProgram\ Files/Side\ Effects\ Software/houdini9.1.109/houdini/html/poselib/index.html
Any reason to skip this in H9?
Or simply is one of this things forget due to all the job done for the new version?
Beacause I think that for characters this a very important tool, morevoer because the imlementation in Houdini is so open that ir fits perfectly in any studio is not like other pose librearies in other apps.
I think this should be added again as soon as possible.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
21 posts
It is really a pity.
This is a very useful function :shock:

Pose and movements library !It's crazy not to implement these functions in houdini

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Staff
3455 posts
as jeff said…it's still there and it still works…
just add the link yourself…

add or edit the file HelpPaneLinks
in $HOME/houdiniX.X/config
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
330 posts
well, in my case the pose library works in suse 10.2, if you use the manual link above, but it does not work in windows xp. in windows the buttons don't do anything when clicked and the 3 icons at the top are broken image links. its like using an html form page that has been saved locally with no backend script to call.
7024 posts
Yes, I found this too, XP Pose Library not working
21 posts
me to!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
21 posts
me to!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Staff
121 posts
Just tested 9.5.230 on windows. I can find the Pose Library by using this path in the Help Browser

file///c/Program%20Files/Side%20Effects%20Software/Houdini%209.5.230/houdini/html/poselib/index.html
Side Effects Technical Support
581 posts
Jenny
Just tested 9.5.230 on windows. I can find the Pose Library by using this path in the Help Browser:

file//cProgram%20Files/Side%20Effects%20Software/Houdini%209.5.230/houdini/html/poselib/index.html

Yes man but this should be included in the help browser, or in any part of the ui, as in the version 8.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
2199 posts
Entering this path manually seems to work, but if I look in HelpPaneLinks file in the config directory the correct path seems to also exist, but on XP at least this link is not available in the help pane. The other items in that config file seem to appear under the “Go” button top right in the help browser but anything else I add to that list doesn't not appear and neither does the pose library.
I also notice that the bottom item of the Go menu says “Edit this menu” but all that does is open a grey box at the top of the browser.

Anyone had any luck getting this to work other than manually pasting the pose library file path into the browser?
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
  • Quick Links