full irradiance.....jiggle

6592   5   1
33 posts
mi dispiace ma non parlo perfettamente inglese!!!
comunque la scena e renderata con mantra con una sola luce template,e attivato il sistema full irradiance.
ti posso chidere un mio dilemma?
dove posso sapere come usare il sistema jiggle,tu puoi darmi delle informazioni?
Staff
181 posts
Sorry, my Italian is not great either… I hope I understand your question correctly.
To render a scene with Irradiance and using only one light, you can assign VEX Global Illumination to your light (set to Full Irradiance), or render your scene with PBR engine (go to mantra output->Render->select Phisically Based Rendering.
Sorry, I don't understand the jiggle part of your question…
33 posts
I will try again to explaine you my question…I would like to know how to use the jiggle on a character to simulate fat or something like that…can you suggest me a way to do that?
Thank you for your patience! I cross my heart…I will study english very soon!!
Staff
2540 posts
I modified the default two point muscle asset to include jiggle on the center point.

Note that the muscle jiggle is way too floppy so please tighten it up if you want to use it on your character.

Jiggle has to happen in the space of another object. Take a careful look at how the root null of the muscle is aimed at the end target. That root null defines the space for the Jiggle CHOP. I cut back the X and Y jiggle amounts a lot but left the Z much higher (houdini uses the Z axis as the aim or look-at axis). This allows the jiggle to happen in the Z space of the target object.

You also have to parent the jiggled null to the target reference object in the network in order for this all to work.

Attachments:
twopointmuscle.otl (16.8 KB)
simple_middle_jiggle_muscle.hip (116.2 KB)

There's at least one school like the old school!
Staff
2540 posts
To jiggle a belly, I would hang an FK (forward kinematics) bone off a carefully placed null on the spine. That Null should define the space for the jiggle.
The FK Bone will put an end null at the bone.

Use an Object CHOP to fetch the position of that end null of the belly bone.
Place another null, the jiggled null and parent it to the root of the belly bone.
A bit of tweaking is required. See the attached file for the rig setup.

Again the jiggling is in the space of another object. This is good as you don't want the belly to go forward and backward as the character lurches forward as much as it will go up and down.

I added a lag on the ty channel only. Bellys usually droop downward and don't move upward as much. I left the down slopes at 0 but heavily lagged any upward movement to simulate this.

I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out how to support a tumbling and rolling character. (It's easy. I purposely hung the space null away from the parent null. Just aim that upwards with a lookat and there you go.)

-jeff

Attachments:
belly_bone_jiggle.hip (158.8 KB)

There's at least one school like the old school!
33 posts
thank you for files you gave me!
  • Quick Links