particle render problem

5648   7   0
43 posts
guys i got a problem here
i did a simulation whit particles , and wen i render them whit “render any frame”, its all ok ,the show up
but wen i try to render a mantra sequence “render frame range” they dont show up….
what should i do???? couse this thing its freaking me out……
pls say something
8535 posts
check Initialize Simulation OPs checkbox in Mantra ROP node
or cache your simulation with Cache SOP before rendering
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
43 posts
this is realy strange becouse even wen i try to usee the rop output driver sop
, wen i click to render the sequence of bgeo to save the particles to disc ,it takes about 3 seconds to save a 1 million particles simulaction in 500 frames, and wen i load the saved geometry , nothing shows up!!!!!!!!!
what you think i should do……..???????????
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?: :?: :?:
43 posts
and tamte i did try to check the “initialize simulaction ops” in mantra but nothing hapens……..
ups i realyze that the cache sop node its working …….thanks tamte
thanks for the help….
43 posts
i did realyze that i need to cache all frames before i render …becouse mantra only renders the frames i have cached……..and i dont have enough memory to do it…ccouse its a sim of almost 1 milion of particles in 500 frames!!!!!!!!!!
is there any way else???????? :?: :!:
8535 posts
you can write simulation to disk using “ROP Output Driver SOP” or File SOP
as you tried, but also check the initialize simulation OPs in rop output driver sop

it may also depend on your POP sim start frame, so try to export from your start frame

also make sure that your Output file path contains $F variabile (the same for File sop to read them back)

i recommend you to delete all unnecesarry attributes (with Attribute SOP) before export to make the files smaller
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
43 posts
guys i found out whats the problem and i am posting here so you guys dont have to sufer as i did:
i was using a sphere to generate the paricles but i did put a unconected null inside the sphere node whit a render flag(the purple one)
and it seams the rop output driver sop looks for render flags, than , he only found nulls.
but thanks tamte for the help
1145 posts
Yes, as you've discovered, you can separate what you are looking at in the viewport from what you render.
This can be very useful, in particle sim's for example, you can have a low particle count that you watch in the viewport but render a much higher count.

Dops uses this technique when rendering out simulations. Setup a simple fluid sim from the tool shelf and take a look at the sop networks.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
  • Quick Links