relocating ripple gizmo

4170   6   1
52 posts
Hi, is there a way to relocate the ripple “epicenter” gizmo? I have tried with the “ ‘ ” hotkey but it doesn’t seem to work, and btw I have read in the reference that the “int” key is used to unlock the pivot but that key is replaced with a “help” key on apple keyboards, so which other key is I supposed to use?

- Rasmus Linck
7710 posts
Unfortunately, it is a known issue. The workaround is to either use the right-mouse menu on the handle, and/or assign it yourself to something other than the Ins key. To assign an usable hotkey, the easiest way is to choose Edit > Hotkeys… and click on Search. Search for “Pivot Mode”.
52 posts
Hi Edward, thanks for the hotkey tip, but do the known issue regards to the ripple center or the apple Ins key thing?
7710 posts
The Mac Insert key thing.
7710 posts
As for the ripple center … it doesn't look like there's a parameter to control that. The control that I think you need to translate your geometry, ripple, translate it back.
52 posts
that's also the solution ive used to solve the problem, but I think that moving the center gizmo to where its needed would be a more “ergonomic” way to do it…
7710 posts
Absolutely.
  • Quick Links