Center Handle to vertices

2879   1   1
7 posts
Hi.

I have a model of several pieces (a mechanical arm for example), it has been modeled into one Geometry OBJ.

Next I have make one geo for each piece of the model and get it with Object Merge Ops, so I have the Source model in a no-visible Obj and the hierarchy in several Objs with object merge.

The way I center the handle for a correct rotation is:

-OBJ 1– Sop Level

-Append a Transform op to Object Merge selecting the points, prims or
whatever you want want.The handle, in OBJ level will be in the centroid of that selection.

-Next Right Click or INS over the Transform Handle (SOP) and enter pivot mode.

-Again right click and select “Snap to centroid”, now the pivot is in the center of the selection.

-Press INS to exit pivot mode and copy the pivot parameter.

IN OBJ LEVEL

-Paste “relative ref” into pivot parameter in transform page and lock the parameter.

Now ensure that you have “Handle Follows Group” and select “Snap to pivot” if the handle is not centered on selection.

It works pretty well but it?Ls a little tedious, anyone knows how to make this in few steps???

Thanks in advance..

By the way if you want to transform about a selection in sop level just apply the transform op to the selection and then delete the selection mask numbers.
7708 posts
You might want to play with this method: (off the top of my head so there may be some mistakes)
- Append Transform SOP after your Object Merge
- Enter $CEX, $CEY, $CEZ for tx, ty, tz respectively in the translate parameter
- Copy the translate parameter in the transform sop
- On the parent object's Pivot parameter, do a Paste Copied Relative Reference.
- Add a minus (-) sign in front of each ch(“…”) reference
  • Quick Links