Errors using staticobject

5880   5   0
85 posts
In my scene there is a DOPnet where I merged a fluidobject with a staticobject (source relationship). The staticobject's SOP path is set to some other SOP. This is the very same SOP I set as SDF SOP path with the fluid emitter.

My goal is to have this SOP as an object that's constantly emitting some fluid.

If I connect those nodes, loads of warnings appear on the staticobject, like the following:
Bad node reference: “” in parameter /obj/dopnet1/staticobject1/objpos1/motion/t1.

Ignoring the warnings is and pressing “play” just kills the object referenced in the staticobject's SOP path.

I really cannot find what's causing the troubles. If someone was so kind and had a look on what's wrong with my scene, this was very kind and generous.

Attachments:
static.zip (27.7 KB)

948 posts
Same problem here.

Any tips?
https://vimeo.com/user2163076 [vimeo.com]
3 posts
Same here. This is from the cmivfx fluidfx tutorial right? Might it be because the instructor used Houdini ~9.0?
85 posts
This is the cause, I think. But do you guys know how to acheive the desired effect in H10?
9 posts
I found this problem too, the solution is to place the static object for your source AFTER the fluid solver object, I do not know why, but it works for me!!

Chris
85 posts
Good idea, but how am I supposed to do that?

The static object has got no input connections, so I cannot pipe the fluidsolver into the static object?

Or did you mean something different?
  • Quick Links