Spectrum in CHOP

5298   5   0
57 posts
Hi guys,

Do you have any idea how spectrum of a sound file in the CHOP network can be split to the range of frequencies? I want to make something like “fotsopp” which is the one of the houdini gallery videos. When I use spectrum node I have one graph which I can assign it to one point for translating in Y direction. but I want to have range of frequencies…

help me plz?
8547 posts
if you want frequences split to multiple channels then Pitch CHOP is better for this task
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
57 posts
what about the voice split node? is it useful ?
Staff
5158 posts
It's used to separate an audio track into multiple tracks, each track containing a word. I don't think it would apply to what you are doing.
412 posts
I used to split my left and right channels (for stereo obviously) and then use a combination of the pass filter chop along side with a band eq chop to at least separate my highs and lows.. you can then resample the waveform and take the envelope of it to get a nice animation curve.. apply how you like..

also, i would use math chops pretty heavily to get my ranges in order.. and on another note, you can use the copy chop to trigger a custom waveform every time it hits a threshold.. so once you get your frequencies in order, you should be able to copy that wave and trigger its motion..
Dave Quirus
57 posts
Hi,
Thank you for ur reply.
  • Quick Links