how to export to OBJ?

7036   3   2
617 posts
Hi, i been trying to get an OBJ file to use with Zbrush, i use the file node after all the modeling nodes, set it to write, just like i was baking a dynamic simulation, but for some reason it doesnt create the file .obj.

i check and the aprentice version suppouse to be able to export that right? i might be missing something?

thanks guys.
166 posts
That should do it. Another way to export a obj is to use the ROP Output Driver SOP, kind of like a render node for geometry.
21 posts
You can also right click on the SOP and “Save Geometry”. Then make sure the extension is .obj.
Nathan Ortiz
CG Supervisor, Framestore Melbourne
617 posts
wow the 2 metods did work, i think for one man and just working in a project doing Right click and saving the geometry is super easy.

but working with more people i prolly us the ROP outputdriver, or in my case try to make it work the file node.

that now for some reason is working, i needed to put the file extention inside the name like Geometry.OBJ didnt do anything if on the next field i select the type of file i wanted, i also try it with LWO file and it render out the file but is 0 K.
  • Quick Links