Can't open Python Source Editor

4054   2   0
2 posts
Hi, I have the Houdini apprentice version on my mac pro running snow leopard. For a course I'm taking from TDCollege I need to do some python scripting. However I am unable to open the python source editor. Along the top menu bar there are none of the File, Window or other menus that are normally there. Is this just the way Houdini is on a mac or is there something wrong? Is there any other way to get to the python source editor or am I going to be stuck scripting in the Shell. Attached is a picture of the menu bar if I didn't make it clear. Any help would be great. Thanks

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (28.5 KB)

1904 posts
Which version of Houdini are you running? There was a bug where the menus wouldn't show up under Snow Leopard but that was fixed very shortly after release. If you update to the latest version they should be there.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
2 posts
Thanks for the help, but now I have a new problem. I updated to the newest version and now when I start up the software I get the start up screen but then that quickly goes away and the software doesn't open. i don't get a crash warning or anything. I've tried re-installing it a few different ways with the same result.
  • Quick Links