Mac dmg frustration

8920   5   0
72 posts
Hi,

I've just been trying to get Houdini installed again on my macbook but I have tried downloading

10.0.401, 430 and 450

they all give me a “the following disk failed to mount - not recognized” error. I find it hard to believe that there's anything wrong with the DMG from sideFX because someone would have mentioned it by now, so is there some magic I need to get it to work…?

cheers

John
john @ hydrastudios
Staff
181 posts
Is your mac 64bit?
72 posts
Hi, I should have said

OSX 10.5.8 Leopard so yes, 64bit I have had apprentice running on this machine before but I uninstalled it but now I can't open any of the DMGs that I have downloaded from sideFX

Cheers

John
john @ hydrastudios
7713 posts
That's strange. I'd check the MD5 sum values and make sure they match.
152 posts
Hello there, at some point in time, one of the leopard releases, made MANY .dmg files seem to be “unusable” to open, but all you need to do, *i hope in your case really*, is instead of “double clicking” the .dmg, you should just RIGHT CLICK THE .dmg, then go to “more” and “mount it”…

Hope that works for you!

Jonathan
72 posts
itriix
Hello there, at some point in time, one of the leopard releases, made MANY .dmg files seem to be “unusable” to open, but all you need to do, *i hope in your case really*, is instead of “double clicking” the .dmg, you should just RIGHT CLICK THE .dmg, then go to “more” and “mount it”…

Hope that works for you!

Jonathan

Thanks for all the replies. I downloaded again, this time using Safari. I don't know if it was that or something else but it's working now on the 430 release. Yay!

Cheers

John
john @ hydrastudios
  • Quick Links