Houdini in Chinese

5789   3   2
1 posts
Hi All,

I'm a total newbie so please bear with me. I'm running Chinese Windows XP SP2 on a 2.4Ghz Pentium 4 with 2gigs of RAM and an ATI Radeon 9550/X1050 series graphics card.

I downloaded Apprentice and installed it but when I run the License Manager a small window flashes briefly in the lower right of my screen and disappears. I can see “Fatal Error” but cant make out anything else because it closes too fast.

I thought perhaps I should set the language for non unicode software to english but that didn't help. Can anyone help me with this problem? Will Houdini install on a Chinese OS? Is there a Chinese version of Houdini?
“名不正则言不顺,言不顺则事不成,事不成则礼乐不兴,礼乐不兴则刑罚不中,刑罚不中则民无所措手足”
Staff
181 posts
Sorry, there is no Chinese version of Houdini.
Is your computer name in Chinese characters? The licensing tools are
not very good at handling those…
105 posts
Hi David,

Try setting your input language back to “English (United States)” when you are using Houdini and see if it works?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
tk
104 posts
hi , i am in china and actually i use Linux Debian, but actually before i switch to Debian i also install many time Houdini in chinese windows, and i am pretty sure my computer work fine that time.

i have install Houdini in dell computer, apple computer, acer computer with all chinese windows version but didnt come out the probelm you say, the only reason you have that i think is because you install a not complete windows version, and i know china have a lot of uncomplete windows version made by chinese people, so I just suggest you install a complete windows version in chinese.

cheers
  • Quick Links