How do I rotate polygon face around its normal ?

3315   3   1
4 posts
Hi, when poly modelling, I create a box, extrude a few times, rotate faces etc. When I want to go back in fine tune rotations, the rotation handle defaults to the objects axis, not the primitives !!! How do I realign the handles so I can rotate the face with the handles aligning to the face please ? It seems such a basic let down and I may have to do my modelling in a different software and import back to Houdini. Any help appreciated as this one thing would put me off buying Apprentice HD.
Cheers.
648 posts
It isn't implemented as a handle-alignment toggle.
Has been requested for years so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

For now you have to select ‘start orientation picking’ from the align sub-menu of the handle right-click menu… each and every time you want to edit something locally
1145 posts
I'm not quite clear on what the problem is. If you are using the polyextrude sop and the pgup and pgdn keys to go back through the sop network, then the polyextrude handle will align with the polygons that a given polyextrude has selected. If you have, on a given polyextrude, turned off local control then the handle will align globally with the polygons.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
648 posts
Edit Sop.
  • Quick Links