VopSop selection based problem

1981   2   0
2624 posts
Hi all ,
I am currently hacking around with vop sops.Trying in vops to create a set up where the user can control where the emission of particles can occur on the surface of an object.

I have had some limited success with bounding box values but at any one time only in one axis. Ideally I would want to control where the particles emit in the x y and z axis. Almost like using a carve sop to define the area , with a fall off .
I have pretty much hit a brick wall with any idea how I could do this in vops except for the fact I could maybe use the point normal as a start point. Does anyone have any ideas ? . I have attached a scene ready to go with my imported area attribute and output attribute. Would be interested in any thoughts.

Rob

Attachments:
vectorEmission.hip (134.0 KB)

Gone fishing
1145 posts
Two ways that I would likely use,

In your curve example I would use Attribute transfer; colour the curve and use the colour value as a grouping value and the Attribute transfer is where you can control the fall-off.

The other way would be somewhat similar in that you use colour as a grouping value, but then use a Paint sop to paint the area that you wish identify.
You can override the colour value in the Paint sop and paint with any variable that you wish to create.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
2624 posts
Thanks for the reply. I actually considered using those sorts of methods. but it looks like I have solved the problem using a vector in vops.

Rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links