How to import audio,character dance in sync

4138   2   1
58 posts
Hi
I'd like to have my character dance.So I need audio clip .
5 seconds club,not more.
Now,how can I import audio clip upon I ‘ll much my char dance.
I could do that blindly,too,because char will be simple skeleton rig (as I call animation "A Dancing Bones)
and I have a dance choreography and music in my head.
Anyway,I’d like to have char's dance in sync with music.
Any suggestion?
I reviewed Houdini help file but didn't find any info

Best regards
Ben
Best regards,
Ben
412 posts
look at houdini manual dealing with chops.. you will find a lot of interesting information in there. i can go on forever for what you can do with audio here (as it interests me a lot), but i think it will be good for you to explore and figure out your options rather than someone else sit here and tell you exactly how to do it. to start off though.. go to chops and throw down a file chop. bring in your audio file and go from there. search previous posts. looks at chops tutorials. read the manual.

i would try to do something simple with audio before getting your whole character dancing and what not. just as a test, see if you can create a pair of procedural speakers. left and right.. and maybe with a subwoofer and a tweeter. make it so you can just plugin an audio file and it automatically makes the speakers move like they should. i feel it's a good first lesson to get in to chops and audio driven animation. in a few days, you will having a lot of fun and going further with audio in houdini. i know i did.

dave
Dave Quirus
7709 posts
I highly recommend the CHOP Editor > Creating Audio with CHOPs section in the “Motion and Audio” pdf file.
  • Quick Links