Totally lost....

3093   3   1
21 posts
Just been going through the procedural forest tutorial.

Everything is fine to the point I can get there without following along.

BUT ugly expressions rear there ugly head again. Ugly to those who are artists who didn't listen in there Maths class LOL

I've gone over and over and over again, day after day looking back and forth back and forth to see if i have copied what he has written down correctly. But both the xform node and the copy1 are hatched in red!

pls can someone tell me what is wrong with this line of code.
stamp(*../ copy1*, rotateshape, 0)

Attachments:
Screen shot 2010-02-24 at 22.25.46.png (22.6 KB)
Screen shot 2010-02-24 at 22.38.15.png (28.8 KB)

1904 posts
The strings in the stamp() expression should be wrapped in quotations, not asterisks.

stamp(“../ copy1”, “rotateshape”, 0)
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
21 posts
:roll: Humble thanks.

The video is low res so they look like stars.

Well thats my excuse. Hee hee.

Thanks
Nic
1145 posts
So, for further explanation a string is a set of letters and/or words that forms some sort of sentence and it is very common to require “double quotes” as a container within an expression, telling the scripting language to recognize the words as just that. Very common in that you will find this strategy used in many scripting and programming languages.

Now, the expression you created has nothing to do with math. It is saying in a straightforward way, “go to the copy sop (”../copy1“) and find the custom name(variable) that you created (”rotateshape") and use the operation(value) that that name represents.
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
  • Quick Links