a trim sop question

3681   4   1
313 posts
While I was trying to go through the modeling tutorial(http://www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/sidefx/houdini_video/by_topic/modeling/index.html), [vislab.usyd.edu.au] the rocketship-part3, I was unable to trim the rocket window again after I have trimed the door. (even I had input the profile number into the trim group)
Does anyone know why?

I just found the trim does not work with multiple profiles. Did I do something wrong? I am current using V6.0 master
1631 posts
Hi there,

It works for me. I projected two circles onto a tube, appended a Trim SOP, typed in 0.0 to trim just one hole. Next, I appended another Trim SOP & typed in 0.3 to trim another.

Cheers!
steven
47 posts
manually typing in those numbers is the key to it, i got some grey hairs trying to learn that too. as much as i like the concept, nurbs and me just werent destined to be together.
313 posts
I successfully made 2 holes but I could not trim a nurbs circle on a nurbs sphere. I still do not know why!
1631 posts
With the same setup in the image capture, I changed the tube to a sphere & it works just as well. If you can attach an example hip file, I will take a look at it.

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links