Fluid Meshing Experiment

10889   4   3
15 posts
Hi all,
I did this test(a still for now) where I tried to achieve a very detailed mesh of a big mass of fluid.
I simulated about 300.000 particles and set the point scale radius and surface distance at very low values.
Here's the still:

4 posts
Sebastian83
Hi all,
I did this test(a still for now) where I tried to achieve a very detailed mesh of a big mass of fluid.
I simulated about 300.000 particles and set the point scale radius and surface distance at very low values.
Here's the still:

Wow that is cool, anyway i am a student. I just started with houdini, may i know what kind of particles is need to have this effect. Before that i was doing it in maya
373 posts
^^ Looks Cool! ..now lets see the animation.

^Look for the Particle Fluids shelf tab… it can set up a basic particle fluid simulation from an object or a default emitter. It will also create a particle fluid surface node, but it's disabled in the viewport by default. You can also use the surfacer on regular particles as well.
Ian Farnsworth
4 posts
yes i play with it however i could not reach his/ her level. Hope there is a step by step on how to setup
614 posts
the slash looks great

you can do 3 diferent simulation, merge then into a node and then use the mesh builder around those 3, in that way you can get more particles, less time computing, and keep memory low.

you can use the speed tab, to create more particles on the same path and motion blur.
  • Quick Links