Render Single Plane?

2935   3   1
17 posts
Hi,

I know how to split render output into different planes (or passes if you want).

Does anyone know how to render single pass(vex variable) and not bother with other calculations(other vex variables)?

I think that one way could be to write special shader that can disable the rest of passes you don't need. But there is few limitations/disadventeges as far as I can see:

1. It won't block the calculations you dont need, it won't just show them in render output, right?
2. It is “per shader”/“per object” solution so it could be quite tricky to set them in complicated scenes the way you want.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
249 posts
I am actually looking to do the same thing and for all my searching all i found was this thread.

Does anyone know how to do this?
blog [abvfx.wordpress.com]tumblr [andrewbrowne.tumblr.com]twitter [twitter.com]
2624 posts
Does anyone know how to render single pass(vex variable) and not bother with other calculations(other vex variables)?

Id be interested to hear if its even an issue with the new compiler plus you can strip out what you dont want from the mantra surface shader and then use per object overrides. Often I use 1 shader on lots of objects.

Rob
Gone fishing
249 posts
Yea per object would be even better. When i was testing the skin shading i hated just rendering the entire object when all i wanted was the SSS plane.
blog [abvfx.wordpress.com]tumblr [andrewbrowne.tumblr.com]twitter [twitter.com]
  • Quick Links