list the contents of a subnet on its parameter interface?

3017   3   0
479 posts
suppose I have a number of individual polygons contained in a subnet.

Is there a way to list out all these polygons in the parameter interface of this subnet so that whatever polygon or polygons I choose from this list will be the output of this subnet?

Thanks!
224 posts
You can of course use a delete node to select certain polygons coming out of your subnet. You can specify the prim numbers and ‘Delete non-selected’.

But I am guessing you mean something different… ? Maybe you can elaborate.
Patrick
479 posts
Hi, Patrick,

Yes, you're right that we can create a group for each of the polygons contained inside a subnet and connect this subnet with a “delete” node to choose the polygon(s) to be further transformed.

What I mean is:

can we do this just by listing out all the names of the polygons inside a subnet on its parameter interface as a drop-down list so that we can choose from just this list what we'd like to manipulate further?

The point is that if new polygons are added into this subnet or some of them are deleted from this subnet, this list will update automatically and I don't need to create individual group for every polygon added manually.

I just want to know if there's a way to do this by using Hscript or Python script in the “Menu script field” of the “meun subtab” of the parameter interface window.

Anyway, using the delete node is still a convenient way to do this.

Thanks!

Ji

BTW, I forgot I've asked similar question before (…getting older…)

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=18973&highlight= [sidefx.com]

However, I haven't figured out graham's suggestion of using the “primgroupmask” function.

So, hope all of you can kindly help to explain in detail on how to use this function.

Thanks!
8538 posts
even in that post the main question remains unanswered
By names of polygons do you mean group names, polygon numbers or something else?
individual polygons do not have names

if you mean polygroup names then as graham said there is an example in the help
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/ref/windows/edit_parameter_interface [sidefx.com]

it's for pointgroupmask() and current node, but you can easily change it to primgroupmask() or primgrouplist() and any children node of your subnet according to your needs
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links