simple HDK question

2803   1   1
128 posts
Good time!
I have a little question about HDK - as I've found, SideFX offer us some service with their hcustom utility, such as seamless compling/linking/locating of extension files. My question is simple - do we really need that procedure as programmers? May be we need more complicated class refernce or more of samples to be more familiar with HDK? I'm novice with Houdini programming, but I've got unsatisfacted with first my look to that process - for sample - I use MSVC-compiler very seldom, I use native Intel/AMD compilers to be on front edge of perfomance - I have a lot of troubles with that, due to I have no possibility to make hcustom choosing custom compiler. Maybe I have no sufficient qualification to make so, but I have to write my sources at one RAD IDE, compile/link them by other tool (what for? Anyway I have to get ordinary SO/DLL module!). I know I may look very impulsive, but I seem, any SDK have to be friendly, but there are no any necessarity to reorganize even THIS field of developement.
Anything that flies
108 posts
I'm also not such a MSVC++ fan, I use GCC mostly.

Maybe things are going to change in the future… More openended, more alternatives (GCC?) etc.
  • Quick Links