Apprentice 10.0.595x64 not compatible with Win7 Home Premium

5332   5   1
4 posts
When I click the installer I get an error message informing me that the program file I am trying to install is not compatible with this version of Windows (see attached screen-cap). I'm running Win7 Home Premium 64bit. What now?

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (40.3 KB)

It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)
678 posts
Try one of these instead http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_download&Itemid=208 [sidefx.com]
4 posts
I tried several of the builds, including recent daily builds, and some 9.x installers as well, and still get the same error dialog. I purchased the HD license before attempting the install, as I did not expect this initial difficulty. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to upgrade to Win7 Pro? I really hope this can be solved soon. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Staff
2540 posts
There is a report on a different thread that the downloads are somehow not coming through correctly and causing issues:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=92447#92447 [sidefx.com]

With Apprentice HD you can contact support directly for licensing and installation issues only. This more than qualifies.
For all other questions use these forums.
There's at least one school like the old school!
4 posts
Thanks for the reply- I will contact Side Effects directly on Monday. Oddly, when I attempt to follow the link you provided to the related thread, the forum software informs me the thread does not exist. Just FYI. Thanks again for your help.
Staff
1255 posts
Hello,

There was a problem with the Houdini downloads over the weekend. This has been fixed now.

I'm not sure if this is related to the Windows-compatibility error, but it's worth trying to download Houdini again.

Cheers,
Rob
  • Quick Links