Dalek Voice Creation

5052   4   2
57 posts
I have previously stated in a previous thread about using Dalek Voices and I know I have to use a 30hz Sine Wave(Wikipedia), but for the life of me I just can't figure out how to do it in Houdini. Is there anyone out there who can help me :?: Any and all help is appreciated.
Also does anyone know how to create the new Supreme Dalek Voice?
DJ
“Nothing is just Black & White”- look at the Yin/Yang symbol
11 posts
someone uploaded a C3PO synthesizer to the exchange – it's a similar android - maybe you can tweak some parameters on that.

WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!
All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo!
57 posts
Morbo
someone uploaded a C3PO synthesizer to the exchange – it's a similar android - maybe you can tweak some parameters on that.

WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Morbo: I just searched the exchange and I couldn't find it.

DJ
Staff
2540 posts
Add a Wave CHOP.
Period is the time in seconds for one complete wave. Therefore 1/30 will do you.

You have to increase the Sample Rate to what you want. 44100 for CD quality works. Pick a value and use that for all the sample audio inputs. Channel reference works well here.

Finally increase the amplitude using the Amplitude slider for quieter or louder. Sine waves are nice and forgiving on speakers.

Now you have your drone sine wave at 30hz

Btw, try 1/60 and you will get that all familiar buzz to simulate interference from AC power. Simulates plugging in to an old Amp with a strat under a bunch of fluorescent lighting very nicely.
There's at least one school like the old school!
57 posts
jeff
Add a Wave CHOP.
Period is the time in seconds for one complete wave. Therefore 1/30 will do you.

You have to increase the Sample Rate to what you want. 44100 for CD quality works. Pick a value and use that for all the sample audio inputs. Channel reference works well here.

Finally increase the amplitude using the Amplitude slider for quieter or louder. Sine waves are nice and forgiving on speakers.

Now you have your drone sine wave at 30hz

Btw, try 1/60 and you will get that all familiar buzz to simulate interference from AC power. Simulates plugging in to an old Amp with a strat under a bunch of fluorescent lighting very nicely.

Thanks Jeff, I'll try this out tonight and let everyone know how it went.

DJ
  • Quick Links