Doing a digital tutors tutorial and having problems

4202   4   2
36 posts
Ive been doing this tutorial with Houdini 11 :
http://www.digitaltutors.com/09/training.php?cid=84&pid=3602 [digitaltutors.com]

And as usual when I use a new version of a software that isnt used in the tutorial things go wrong. Im having a problem with the following issues and would to know why they are going wrong.

1) When I render the image, the 2 liquids that I made red and blue both appear clear.

2) The cup itself appears as a strange noise like, or rough stone texture. Ive tried to apply other textures to it, but still renders out the same no matter what.

3) In the tutorial, the guy just grabbed the glass tutorial from the materials palete. I on the other hand do not have those materials or options.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or how to fix these issues? I have included some screenshots to help explain.

Attachments:
No_glass.jpg (138.6 KB)
Liquidandcup.jpg (451.5 KB)

2624 posts
This has been a common complaint , as Houdini has moved over to a new mantra all encompassing material. Some of the old materials are of course missing.
There is nothing of course to stop you making your own materials by adjusting the mantra material.

rob
Gone fishing
36 posts
Ah I see. I guess Im still new at this, but does anyone know the solution? Or at least where to point me in the direction to fixing it?
32 posts
yup, download a newer version, glass has been put back in. Cant remember which version put it back in, but i know 11.0.465 has it, and i think 11.0.47 put a few others back in like wood and stone.

As for the problem with the water colours, I'm not sure
32 posts
yup, download a newer version, glass has been put back in. Cant remember which version put it back in, but i know 11.0.465 has it, and i think 11.0.47 put a few others back in like wood and stone.

As for the problem with the water colours, I'm not sure
  • Quick Links