No display Icons (Version 10 / 11)

2649   4   2
112 posts
Hi, I have installed Houdini 11.0.446.9 but there are no display icons. I have tried every suggested option on other threads related to this problem

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=20279 [sidefx.com]

but no luck.
Now I am facing the same problem even if I installed version 10.0.595. Even i had formatted the system and tried to install Houdin 10.0.595 and 11.0.446.9 But still the problem continues.
. I tried deleting the SVGIcons.cache and SVGIcons.cache.serial files in houdini11.0/config/Icons directory, didnt work. Tried cut copy and pasting these files/config folder/Houdini folder in other drives. It didnt help.
The strange thing is couple of days back version 10.0.595 was running withot any problem but suddenly I dont know what happened the same version is not showing the display icons.
My system Config is
Windows xp 32 bit
AMD Athlon 945 Quad core processor.
Asus NVdia Chipset M4n… Motherboard
2 GB RAM
1GB Graphics card 4325 ATI REDON. ( with updated drivers)
No antivirus installed
Please Help
7710 posts
If Houdini 10.0.595 used to work on your system but no longer, then something must have changed on your system. Windows Updates? Video driver upgrades? Installed some more software?
112 posts
Actually I was installing Houdini NC in an institute. I installed it on 8 systems out of which only 4 were running Houdini without any problem and the other 4 had the display icons problem (All the systems have the same config !)
And now all the systems have display icon problem. :shock:
I am sure there is no windows update on these machines, video drivers and other software installations, I will be able to check it tomorrow…
Thanks for the reply.
112 posts
Nothing has been changed, no windows update, no video driver update and no new software installed.
I think I should format one of the machines once again and just install Houdini to check if display icons are there.
Staff
181 posts
This is now bug# 40155
  • Quick Links