constraining volumetric fog....

2880   1   2
6 posts
Hey Folks, I am trying to create a fog whichs hover above a body of water. Are there any specific VEX fog shaders which allow me to control the scale or limit their altitude etc… as if it were an object. In searching through the posts I found a previous poster wanting to do something very similar.

Henster then replied

[Very simple answer: Try copying your geometry and slightly scaling it up. Then a apply a volume fog shader to the new geometry. Theres a nice selection of vex ones if you're rendering in mantra. Do you need fog? what about a transparent surface shader?

Good luck!]

Its applying the volume fog shader to the geometry that Im having trouble with. So I created every type of Vex Fog shader there is and tried applying them all in the shop for the newly created geometry. This was found in the shader sop –>secondary shaders tab–>Volume Shader. When I tried applying the different fog shaders the shader tile would turn yellow, explaining to me that either the shader I selected didnt exist or that it was the wrong shader.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
5 posts
hello,

I also have this question but now i fix it.

all you have to do is to apply an atmosphere object(within the Object level). Under “shading tab” you can find a “Shop” field where you can assign your shader.

hope it helps you.

Best Regards,
Benny
  • Quick Links