mcp compiling frames in random order

3583   5   1
196 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to compile my animation with mcp. But instead of stringing them together in order it jumps all over the place. I've used it hundreds of times and its never done this before.

xp, 6.1.208

Also, for a bit of the animation the image is panned down leaving my characters head near the bottom of the screen and his feet coming down from the top of the screen…. ( as though hes been drawn on one of those rotating blackboards ?? if that helps)

Whats going on??

Thanks

p.s. is there another non sidefx program that compiles tiffs?
Henster
7714 posts
Are you using the -f option? That give you more predictability if you're not.

As for the corrupted frames, have you tried looking at your sequence to see if it was corrupted there first?

BTW, what's your image size?

PS. http://www.virtualdub.org/ [virtualdub.org] has something that you might be able to use
196 posts
The command i'm typing is:

mcp -v -f 1 5544 $F.tiff -o -r 30 render.avi

The image size is 720x576. I've tried putting in this image size as arguements for the input and output.

The frames are fine I think. They work in mplay and I tried loading the odd one into photoshop and they seem ok.

Still not working….
Henster
1631 posts
It sounds like non-padded files issue to me:

1.tif
10.tif
19.tif
2.tif
20.tif
29.tif
3.tif
30.tif
If the frames are padded, then something is terribly wrong.

Cheers!
steven
196 posts
oh dear, then I think something is wrong!

The non padded frame thing would result in every 10th frame being weird wouldnt it? But I'm getting chunks of about 1000 frames where they shouldnt be.

I also tried compiling the whole thing but shaving off the last few leaving the total frame number a multiple of the frame rate (30)… no joy.

I tried compiling batches of 900 frames and sticking them together in a video editing package.. which worked

:?: :?:
Henster
1631 posts
Hey Henster,

Can you test with another sequence of more than 1000 frames? Maybe also test with frames 990-1010 & see if it goes wrong.

If the above tests give you bad resuit, try using padding of 5 or $F5. If this is still not working, then you found a bug.

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links