Audio CHOPs trouble

4788   4   2
13 posts
I am having trouble getting any sound out of CHOPs. I am running H6.0.383 on W2K. In CHOPs, I bring in a File CHOP and select my .wav file using the + beside the Channel File field in the File CHOP parameters. As soon as I Accept it, I get an error on the File CHOP in the editor that says No Channels Available. Error: Loading from stream failed (ref: (null)) File not found. The wav file itself is OK; it plays in other applications, and in fact will work in H5.5.

When I do the exact same thing in H5.5 I have no problems. I have read all of the help on the topic, with no luck. Does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks.
Staff
181 posts
We had this problem around here already.
Apparently Houdini now defaults to a sample rate of 41100, while usually sound files are CD quality (48800), so, in the FileChop change “Rate Options” from No Change to Resample and type 41100 in the Sample Rate field…I hope it works for you too!
13 posts
Thanks silvina. I tried that, but it didn't work for me. Any other suggestions? The default sample rate in the fileCHOP is 30.
Staff
5158 posts
Only if you're on Linux - wav files are not supported. You will need to convert them to .aiff/.aifc.
252 posts
CDs use a sample rate of 44100.

48000 is the sample rate for DAT.

-Craig
  • Quick Links