Particles Along Curve Normals

2398   2   1
19 posts
Hello,

I am having some trouble getting particles to move along a curve. Currently I am using groups to define the normal force, Force radius & drag for different sections of the curve. I am hoping there is easier way of moving particles along a curve with sharp turns more accurately. So far trying to manipulate these forces only results in the particles either shooting off the curve (Exiting the effect radius) or simply getting stuck along the curve. At best there's some delicate balance here but I'm hoping I don't have to spend a week trying to find it.

Hip file included with plenty of notes. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Attachments:
ParticlesAndCurves.hipnc (114.2 KB)

2624 posts
Hi,
My first question is . What is the end goal ?. When I see terms like road it makes me think you want to drive points down a surface and attach models of cars to give the impression of a road. If so I think for control purposes using pops is a bad idea.

Rob
Gone fishing
19 posts
I am revisiting a previous project. The idea being that this wheel of road follows a car where ever it goes somewhat like a hamster ball. Currently I was using a similar popnet to the example provided to drive my voronoi fracture. I cache one half then reverse it and play it in front of the half playing forwards.

What I was trying to figure out is how instead of going over the car, the road could split and go around the sides of the car. The file uploaded was a simplified version just to figure out the movement. I would then apply this to the fractured version.

Perhaps there's a better way to achieve this effect, the pop not just made sense to me at the time. I'm open to any suggestions on how to approach this project differently though I still want to aim for the splitting around the car instead of going over.

Video attached is a Flipbook of the first version.

Attachments:
untitled.mov (2.0 MB)

• Quick Links