Houdini 9.1 Splash Screen

4907   3   1
523 posts
Hello,

will there ever be a new Houdini splash screen, because I did find the old H8 much better.
A more abstract picture would be better I think without the need of persons, bones and animation curves.
We all know Houdini can do those things….

thanks,

bernard
4140 posts
Is this really something worth discussing? No matter what gets used, there will be people complaining about the design of the splash screen. I would recommend one of two things:

1. Replace the splash screen with something you like, like an awesome picture of Six or ‘Husker’ Adama telling you to roll a hard six. They're stored in $HFS/houdini/pic and are labeled <houdini_package>splash.pic.

2. Do what I do, make it a non-issue, set envar HOUDINI_NO_SPLASH to 1.

OTOH, maybe a suggestion for a contest for the next design might be something worth considering for SESI, but just complaining you don't like current one isn't very constructive. I'm sure you can find lots of people that will agree or disagree. To me, it's like complaining about the default colours for the UI. That's why there's options.

J.C.
John Coldrick
4256 posts
JColdrick
1. Replace the splash screen with something you like, like an awesome picture of Six or ‘Husker’ Adama telling you to roll a hard six. They're stored in $HFS/houdini/pic and are labeled <houdini_package>splash.pic.

I highly recommend doing this. In fact, changing other co-worker's splash screens is what keeps me amused in between renders.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
67 posts
I highly recommend doing this. In fact, changing other co-worker's splash screens is what keeps me amused in between renders.

Imagine a pic of grandma poping up the next time you start houdini.
  • Quick Links