Houdini Crahes trying to open the shader view

9460   6   0
43 posts
In this file I'm trying to prove the blendregions effect creating a VEX, but when I want to see the shader preview, Houdini Crashes.

If you open this file and try to open a “Shader View” pane, houdini will crash.I'm using the houdini 9.1.124 version.

Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

thanks

Attachments:
Crash.hipnc (36.1 KB)

7715 posts
I tried using your posted hip file and nothing crashed for me.
43 posts
I load the hip file, then I try to create the “Shader View” pane. Initialy the pane is shown and I can see the sphere but then. When I select the OUTPUT vex node, in crashes…

Doesn't it happend to you? what version of houdini do you have?
7715 posts
Which OUTPUT node? How are you creating the new shader view pane? Still doesn't crash for me … using 9.1.178. You're sure you posted the right file right?
43 posts
in the hip file, open a new “network view” pane. Go to the VEX context. You will see surface 1 and surface 2 VEX surface shaders.
Go to surface 2. Being into the surface 2 network Split the screen and open a new “Shader view” pane.
You will have 2 panes: the network pane in surface2 and the shader view.

It's suposed to be shown on the shade view an exaple of the surface 2 network output. As soon as you select a node of the network, the shader will be refreshed but I you try this, Houdini will crash.

I it don't crass for you, I should install the 9.1.178 version…
7715 posts
No crash still …
43 posts
I installed 9.1.179 and now it doesn't crash….

Thanks anyway for bothering
  • Quick Links