Search - User list
Full Version: OTL creation: disabling parameters
Root » Technical Discussion » OTL creation: disabling parameters
anon_user_43052452
I am sorry, cause I have the impression I will continue to post a lot of questions here during the nexts days…
I am creating a few OTLs and it is a shame that when you copy a whole node into the parameter list, in order to have directly all its parameters, you do not get the relation between them. for instance, I made an OTL with an LSystem in it, and wanted most of its parameters accessible, except the rules. And all the parameters of its tube tab are unaccessible if the type parameter is not on “tube”. So I expected that I could get this same relation when copying the whole node in the parameter list of my OTL creation panel, but … it is not the case. So, How could I solve it? I guess I need to write hscript in the disable when field, but does someone has such an example?
mm, I hope I was clear…not sure
old_school
The disable field uses a different syntax that goes like this:

You have a parameter called “type” that is a choice with different options from 0 to 5. To disable a parm based on the value of “type” when it is 0 or 3, put this in to your parm's Disable field:

{type 0} {type 3}

Now when “type” is set to option 0 or 3, that parameter will be disabled in the UI.

Dragging and dropping a node in the parameter field of the Type Properties dialog does not currently inherit the disable behaviour.
old_school
There is also a good tutorial on creating a custom object in the houdini help browser.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.